Frequently Asked Questions
Newsletters and Notices
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. How do I register a new
mammography unit or facility?
2. How do I respond to violations identified during my mammography
3. What are North Carolina’s requirements for a written safety program for
4. What will the inspector be looking for during my mammography facility’s
5. What do I do if my home radon test results indicate 4pCi/L or higher
concentrations of radon?
6. How do I get a radon test kit for my home?
7. How go I get a radioactive materials license?
8. What can I expect during the inspection of my radioactive materials
9. What are the requirements for General Licensees in North Carolina?
10. I want to sell or terminate my radioactive materials license. How can I
11. What will the inspector be looking for during the inspection of my
12. How do I register my tanning bed?
13. Do you have guidance for helping me run my tanning program properly?
14. Where can I find a copy of the affidavit for when I close my tanning
business or sell my tanning equipment?
15. How do I find a service company to help me with my tanning equipment?
16. Where do I find training for my tanning operators?
17. Can you help me with skin typing at my tanning facility?
18. What will the inspector be looking for during my x-ray facility
19. What are the most common violations issued to x-ray facilities?
20. How do I respond to a violation issued to my x-ray facility?
21. How do I register my x-ray equipment?
22. How do I develop a written safety program for my x-ray facility?
23. Does North Carolina have general guidance on how to keep my x-ray
facility in compliance?
24. What is a x-ray plan review and how do I get one for my facility?
25. Where can I find the most recent information on low level radioactive
waste disposal status in North Carolina?
Radiation Protection Section, 1645 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, NC 27699-1645 919-571-4141 Fax 919-571-4148 Disclaimer